attorney (HU), specialist in tax law
- civil law
- the law of damages
- litigation and dispute resolution
- corporate law
- insolvency law and debt recovery
- tax law
- state aid law
- media law
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Jókay & Partners, founding partner from August 2014
- Noerr & Partners (formerly: Nörr Stiefenhofer Lutz), attorney from 2006
- Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary, specialist course in tax law (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, attorney (2003-2005)
- University of Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of Law (1998-2002)
- Hungarian (native)
- English (fully proficient)
- German (fully proficient)
István Jókay is one of the founders and the partner in charge of Jókay & Partners. His main area of expertise is civil law, particularly litigation and dispute resolution. He has wide-ranging experience in connection with lawsuits for damages and compensation, executive liability matters, property disputes as well as typical and atypical contracts (such as outsourcing, franchise and commercial agency contracts).
With a specialist degree in tax law, he has profound knowledge of tax law matters. He has represented numerous high-profile companies in procedures conducted by the Hungarian Tax Authority and in lawsuits versus the Tax Authority, including judicial review procedures before the Curia, Hungary’s highest court, and complaint procedures before Hungary’s Constitutional Court.
Mr Jókay has outstanding knowledge of the legal aspects of representing foreign investors in Hungary and has extensive experience in connection with state aid matters.
Tel. +36 1 796 77 77
Fax. +36 1 796 64 44